[Openframeworkwg] OFA OFWG meeting minutes and responses to AR re organizational recommendations

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Wed Sep 18 08:13:29 PDT 2013

On Sep 17, 2013, at 6:15 PM, "Ryan, Jim" <jim.ryan at intel.com<mailto:jim.ryan at intel.com>>
 wrote:

First, the fact the Board has the power and obligation to select the chair(s) suggests they have the power to name new chairs.

A second approach would be to propose the WG can remove a co-chair by a 2/3 vote of members.

Either of these is acceptable to me, but my preference is for the second approach.

The WG itself is the body that interacts with the chair(s) most closely and therefore would be the group that is experiencing whatever behavior might lead to removal.  It seems for the first approach to work, the WG would need to inform the Board that the current chair(s) are unacceptable and provide some reasoning.  So in either case the WG is the driver for removal.  If/when the WG votes to remove an individual from a chair position, selection of the new chair should follow the original procedure for chair selection.

Susan Coulter
HPC-3 Network/Infrastructure
505-667-8425
Increase the Peace...
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind