[ofiwg] build testing

Kenneth Raffenetti raffenet at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 16 19:20:04 PST 2014

Hi folks,

On today's call there was some talk about one of the labs doing build
testing. I suppose this is referring to the internal testing we are
doing of the OFI netmod in MPICH. At this time, our libfabric build
results are not publicly available, and even if they were, they are
buried under a pile of MPICH stuff.

What I did in the meantime was test out rudimentary integration with
Travis CI. You can see what I've hacked together here:

https://travis-ci.org/raffenet/libfabric
https://github.com/raffenet/libfabric

This setup builds the sockets, verbs, and usnic providers with GCC and
Clang and adds a build status image to the project's Github page. I've
submitted what I have in pull request #421.

If we decide to try it out, someone in the ofiwg github organization
would need to login to Travis CI and enable the project. Or if someone
wanted to add me to the org, I can take care of it.

Thoughts?

Ken

P.S. the build is currently "failing" because the usnic provider does
not build with clang (unsupported attribute)