[Openframeworkwg] Details on Mellanox on-demand paging

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Jan 15 15:28:37 PST 2014

I'm sorry; I don't remember who from Mellanox on the call yesterday asked me why the MPI community didn't like the on-demand paging solution.

I've talked to a few people and looked at the old mailing list archives; I have a few more details on what the MPI community didn't like.  But all of these conversations were back in May and June 2013 -- and may well be based on stale information.

Is there a pointer available to something that describes the current state of the ODP solution?  Or could we get a presentation about it on one of the Tuesday calls?  All I can find easily is this old presentation: https://www.openfabrics.org/resources/document-downloads/presentations/doc_download/568-on-demand-paging-for-user-space-networking.html

I also re-read the lengthy thread on linux-rdma about ODP and MPI from several months ago starting here: http://marc.info/?l=linux-rdma&m=136976346811714&w=2.

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com