[Openframeworkwg] Details on Mellanox on-demand paging

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Jan 15 16:03:43 PST 2014

> I'm sorry; I don't remember who from Mellanox on the call yesterday asked
> me why the MPI community didn't like the on-demand paging solution.

It might have been Liran.

> I've talked to a few people and looked at the old mailing list archives; I
> have a few more details on what the MPI community didn't like.  But all of
> these conversations were back in May and June 2013 -- and may well be based
> on stale information.

Based on what I remember of ODP, I think it has the potential to simplify things for MPI and help, but may result in back pressure into the fabric or dropped packets.  Maybe those were the issues?  It's not entirely clear how it will perform in practice, which may vary based on the app.