[Openframeworkwg] MPI slides for today

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Jan 28 11:05:35 PST 2014

Thanks, Jeff.

Going through this is very useful.  At some point, we may need to delve into more details on how specific requirements will be met through the API.  My guess is that there may be multiple methods available, depending on what's optimal for a given piece of hardware.

Since you asked at the end of the meeting, I am still trying to develop libfabric in parallel with gathering these requirements.  I'm working on providing low-level details of the APIs via man pages that can be expanded and refined upon as we progress.  That will be followed with ensuring that we have a good map to verbs-based hardware.  It's going slower than I hoped, but some progress is being made.