[Openframeworkwg] Googleable names

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 10:01:43 PST 2014

On 1/30/2014 12:38 PM, Hefty, Sean wrote:
>> As such, I would suggest that a much more accurate label for this group
>> would be the OpenFabrics Alliance Fabric Agnostic RDMA Application
>> Programming Interface Working Group, which can be shortened down
>> multiple ways:
>
> I agree that the focus is on APIs for accessing fabric or network resources and capabilities,

OK...

> but I view RDMA/RMA as only one of those features.

I'm confused then.  I say this because of all the things we've talked
about putting this on top of and driving, they've all been in some way
RDMA capable devices.  I haven't seen any talk of running this over
plain ethernet and using TCP/UDP sockets or such.  So, it seems all of
the features fall under the RDMA umbrella as far as I can tell.  Is
there something I'm missing?

> OFA marketing may have a different view of what name they want to use.  :/

Yes, well, marketing often does :-/