[ofiwg] descriptive terminology for libfabric

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Thu Aug 6 14:39:05 PDT 2015

Does anybody object to the shorthand description of libfabric as "an API designed to support user mode IPC operations"?   I am particularly interested if I am misusing the expression "IPC" here, which it seems to me describes perfectly what is happened in e.g. MPI (but then again, I'm not a computer scientist, so I may be misusing it).

No need to be overly pedantic, but there is a need for accuracy in language.

Thanks,
-Paul

Cray Inc.
Office:    (503) 620-8757