[ofiwg] descriptive terminology for libfabric

Oucharek, Doug S doug.s.oucharek at intel.com
Thu Aug 6 14:48:44 PDT 2015

I admit I have not spent much time looking at libfabric.  To me, for it to be IPC-focused, it needs to focus on message passing and hide all the details of transport such as RDMA mechanics.  Examples are MPI or ZeroMQ.   Is libfabrics like this or is it more like IB verbs where the programmer is subjected to the ugly details of RDMA?

Doug