[ofiwg] descriptive terminology for libfabric

asodder ieee asodder-ieee at sodder.us
Thu Aug 6 15:07:56 PDT 2015

I consider libfabric to be middleware that supports high
performance communications between connected processors.  I do not consider
it to be an IPC since to me that has typically been implemented over
sockets and used for application to application communication within a
processor or between processors for control data, i.e. not bulk data but
that could just be my narrow view of the world.

Arnold