[ofiwg] descriptive terminology for libfabric

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:20:29 PDT 2015

> User mode things like MPI are expected to be consumers of libfabric.  I'm
> not sure if ZeroMQ runs in user or kernel space.
>
> I did a modest amount of internet research on this and determined that
ZeroMQ is user-space, but there was no smoking gun.  There's an FAQ entry
on their website about blocking poll that's pretty close though.

Disclaimer: "a modest amount of internet research" might also lead one to
conclude that Obama is the Antichrist.  When it comes to my answer, YMMV.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com