[ofiwg] Add a NEWS file to libfabric?

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Fri Aug 28 06:22:19 PDT 2015

I notice that we have no good mechanism for users to know what has changed from release to release.

Should we add a NEWS file in v1.1.1 (and master, which will ultimately become v1.2)?  We can use short bullets to list user-noticeable changes in specific releases.

The key is "user-noticeable" -- we don't have to list every little thing in NEWS, but rather apply a(n admittedly) subjective filter and list only things that we think educated users will want or need to know.

Thoughts?

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com