[ofiwg] provider feature matrix

Dave Goodell (dgoodell) dgoodell at cisco.com
Fri Dec 4 06:48:54 PST 2015

On Dec 3, 2015, at 2:29 PM, Mccormick, Patrick M <patrick.m.mccormick at intel.com> wrote:

> This looks useful.
>
> This can be auto-generated from "fi_info -v" more or less?

Unfortunately, no.  For one thing, it seems unlikely that there's any single system in the world where all providers will yield fi_info output.  So we'd need to set up some sort of aggregation system.

Also, fi_info doesn't indicate when implementations have a limited implementation of the given functionality, nor does it indicate enough information about modes to figure out if they are required vs. optional.

> Can we link to this or include it in libfabric.io ?

The main homepage for libfabric could certainly use a revisit.  There's a *lot* of text and presentations in the top and middle of the page before you get to download links, etc. at the very bottom of the page.  I can try to fix it up a bit next week, but my design sense for this sort of thing is usually pretty weak.  So I welcome improvements from others with a better nose for it.

-Dave