[ofiwg] OFA website down again

Ken Strandberg kens at openfabrics.org
Tue Jan 20 11:37:15 PST 2015

HTTPS:// not HTTP:// is the protocol the site forces. There is forwarding
code to send non-ssl to the ssl site. The site uses a Godaddy certificate,
which is currently active. I've checked with an F5 reload on all three
browsers on Windows: FF, Chrome, and IE (though I don't use or recommend
IE) using both http and https protocols; the forwarder seems to be working
correctly. I don't know what downforeveryone... is or what it does or what
it checks for. Certainly, the address in the email doesn't say what it's
looking for.

And, when I do this, I get

It's just you. http://openfabrics.org is up.

Check another site? <http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/>
But if I do this, I get

It's not just you! http://www.openfabrics.org looks down from here.

Check another site? <http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/>

The downforeveryone tool is broken. These are the same sites.

If you can't reach OFA with https and you've refreshed with F5, please
first validate other sites, check your connectivity, ping
flatbed.openfabrics.org and send information about your ping and browsing
session to me: the browser you used, what you did, the exact address you
tried, how many times and how often you refreshed it. I will look into it.

Thanks.

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Jeff Hammond <jeff.science at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yet again, the OFA website is down
> (http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.openfabrics.org -> "It's
> not just you! http://www.openfabrics.org looks down from here.").
>
> I'm having a hard time taking OFA seriously right now...
>
> Jeff
>

> --
> Jeff Hammond
> jeff.science at gmail.com