[ofiwg] libfabric fi_getinfo question

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Thu Jul 16 16:55:23 PDT 2015

> The verbs provider uses rdma_cm internally for setup and establishing connections. I believe rdma_cm needs IPoIB to be functional to resolve hostnames to IB addresses.
>
> Does your setup not have IPoIB?

Yes, i don't have ipoib and i think that it does not needed, but as i
see nobody use rdma without ipoib. As i see i can operate by node gid
or scan full subnet and iterate on each node, in this case i can write
hostname to node_desc and while scanning subnet - check node_desc with
needed name, if it matches - return gid, lid and other needed params
to establish connection.
ibnetdiscover have this feature , but have many code around, so
extract needed parts not very simple.

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru