[ofiwg] topic suggestion for tomorrows webex

Ben Turrubiates (bturrubi) bturrubi at cisco.com
Mon Jun 29 18:42:20 PDT 2015

Currently the only provider that implements FI_MSG_PREFIX  mode is the “usnic”
provider.  The current implementation is inconsistent between send and receive
paths and is confusing.  Unfortunately, there are already applications relying
on the inconsistent behavior so the solution isn’t as simple as it could be.
I’ve pushed two pull requests to the ofiwg/libfabric repository that are
suggested fixes. It’d be great if we could get some discussion going on the PRs
but I’ll also bring it up during the webex tomorrow.

- Ben