[ofiwg] linux coding style question, or what is the libfabric interpretation of "resembles"

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Mar 11 08:26:42 PDT 2015

On Mar 11, 2015, at 11:09 AM, Patrick MacArthur <pmacarth at iol.unh.edu> wrote:

> If the group likes the manual solution better, I'm ok with that as well.
> I just wanted to point out that we do have a mechanism to install hooks
> into a repository semi-automatically, should we wish to do so.

I like the idea of an auto-installed pre-commit hook, but there simply may be too much variety out there to do it safely.

E.g., I'll likely want to run my own hooks *and* the libfabric hook.  So I'll likely just have my existing hook call contrib/awesome-git-precommit-hook (or whatever) at the end.

I can't think of a sane, safe way to automatically install the hook offhand that isn't horrendously complicated (and likely fragile).  Perhaps we should lobby for git to accept .d-style directories for hooks.  :-)

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com