[ofiwg] linux coding style question, or what is the libfabric interpretation of "resembles"

Sung-Eun Choi sungeun at cray.com
Wed Mar 11 11:06:39 PDT 2015

I agree with Jeff on this, automatic seems too dicey.

Getting back to the core topic, I've been playing with this as a
pre-commit script:

https://github.com/sungeunchoi/github-test/blob/master/hooks/pre-commit-linux-coding-style

Feel free to try it out.  I suspect there will be more checks that
should be disabled, as the checkpatch script was designed to be run on
the kernel tree.

Probably would also want to run the script on the entire repo
regularly, though it would be noisy until existing errors are fixed
(which, at least with travis, might mean not getting the "Safe to
Merge" green light).

-- Sung