[ofiwg] OFI introduction document

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Mar 23 15:43:13 PDT 2015

One of the requests from the OFIWG Monterey F2F was a document that describes OFI and its general usage.  Basically, something that a user could read before diving into man pages.  Attached is a first draft of such a document, complete with high-tech images rendered using powerpoint.  There's more that could be added (completion models, fi_info description come to mind), but this is probably enough to start collecting feedback.  If anyone has any, please send it directly to me.

I tried to structure the document such that future updates would be minimal.

Unless someone has a better alternative, I'm inclined to place this on the github pages branch for libfabric, so that it is accessible directly from the web.

Thanks,
Sean