[ofiwg] strided IOVs

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Oct 28 10:02:31 PDT 2015

It's been a while, but we've had several discussions around the introduction of 'strided IOVs'.  To recall, the goal of a strided IOV is to allow an application to reference every Nth element of an array using a compact data structure, versus the more tradition struct iovec.

In order to define this properly, I need to understand what interfaces strided iov's make sense.  For reference, see github issue 32:

https://github.com/ofiwg/libfabric/issues/32

I can envision a use case for RMA, but adding this to the msg and tagged interfaces does not seem useful.  Is this correct?  What about atomics?