[ofiwg] release plans for libfabric 1.5.3 / 1.6

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Dec 1 09:45:01 PST 2017

> I'd be in favor of doing a 1.5.3 in the early December time frame if
> others have fixes they'd like to get out soon.

Getting back to this, I propose the following release plan:

Release 1.5.3 will be this month.  I'd like to target rc1 by 12/8, with the release within 2 weeks after that.

For 1.6.0, there are several significant features that are still in the works.  However, having a release by mid-March is desirable because of third party schedules.  I'd like to set a feature cut-off for 1.6 for the end of January, with rc1 starting at beginning of February.