[ofiwg] release plans for libfabric 1.5.3 / 1.6

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Sat Dec 2 10:42:58 PST 2017

Sean --

Looks good to us, too.  I just test Open MPI + usnic on the head of the 1.5 branch and all is good.

[cid:6C0DD2D0-BE56-4899-8C8F-06DD0670866F at cisco.com]

On Dec 1, 2017, at 4:51 PM, Howard Pritchard <hppritcha at gmail.com<mailto:hppritcha at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Sean,

This sounds good to me.

Howard

> I'd be in favor of doing a 1.5.3 in the early December time frame if
> others have fixes they'd like to get out soon.

Getting back to this, I propose the following release plan:

Release 1.5.3 will be this month.  I'd like to target rc1 by 12/8, with the release within 2 weeks after that.

For 1.6.0, there are several significant features that are still in the works.  However, having a release by mid-March is desirable because of third party schedules.  I'd like to set a feature cut-off for 1.6 for the end of January, with rc1 starting at beginning of February.