[ofiwg] OpenFabrics related C++ Networking Technical Specification BoF

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Mon Jul 24 13:10:04 PDT 2017

Chris – I sent you my suggested re-wording privately last week.  Please let me know if you did not receive the text.  I think this version of it makes too much of the OFA (‘…an effort to promote utilization of OFI…’) and does not do enough to elaborate on the value of the extensions being suggested for investigation.  The motivation for the BoF should not be about accelerating adoption of libfabric…it should be about improving application performance and/or efficiency.
Regards,
-Paul