[ofiwg] managing stable branches

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Nov 28 10:30:25 PST 2017

On Nov 28, 2017, at 1:14 PM, Hefty, Sean <sean.hefty at intel.com> wrote:

> Currently, I'm left scanning the entire git log on master from the current date back to the date of the last branch release.  Based on the git log, I make a guess if it's stable material or not.  It's much easier to cherry-pick when I know which commits to pick.

I hear what you're saying, but let me ask you a different question: why is this *your* problem?

Or, put differently: if this is *your* problem / individual developers are not good about cherry picking their own commits down to release branches, what's the chance that they'll think/remember to add "TOKEN:RELEASE" to their commit messages for relevant commits?

:-)

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com