[ofiwg] libfabric on windows

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Feb 13 16:27:51 PST 2018

In the process of reviewing the tcp provider, I came across a problem mapping socket calls to windows versions of the calls.  (Gasp - I was shocked too)*.  This highlighted an issue that struct iovec doesn't seem to be defined by any windows header files.

Internally, libfabric defines struct iovec in include/windows/uio.h.  But any application using libfabric headers must define this structure themselves prior to including the header files.  And the definition must match that in the internal uio.h file (well, if they make use of any of the APIs).

My question is what applications are using libfabric on windows?  I know that Intel MPI does, but are there others?  We don't release a convenient libfabric installation package on windows, so it may only be used with static linking or part of a custom build.

- Sean

* That was my sarcasm font