[ofiwg] exposing hardware limits via libfabric

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Thu Sep 20 08:36:02 PDT 2018

On Sep 19, 2018, at 7:39 PM, Hefty, Sean <sean.hefty at intel.com> wrote:

> I'm considering adding an fi_device_limits structure to this in order to expose hardware specific limitations, with at least the following fields being defined:
>
> - ep_cnt, tx_size, tx_cnt, rx_size, rx_cnt, cq_size, cn_cnt, stx_cnt, srx_cnt, av_size

Seems like a generally good idea.

But can we be a little more explicit on the names?  E.g.:

- I assume "cnt" is "count".  Are we allergic to vowels?  :-)
- Is "cn_cnt" a typo for "cq_count" :-) ?
- Is "size" the maximum size of something?
- Is "count" the number of items currently used?

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com