[Ofmfwg] OFMF Meeting agenda for 13 July 2022

Aguilar, Michael J. mjaguil at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 13 13:06:16 PDT 2022

  1.  Quick updates on development
  2.  Upcoming conferences
  3.  Website work
  4.  Next Proof-of-Concept work for SC22

     *   CXL OFMF demo.
•         Are we going to produce another Python-based PoC code stack to demo features or are we going to shoot for a more robust ‘reference implementation’ that anticipates re-use of code? -----Let’s discuss further, with a target of making the code more robust.  Do we have CXL hardware to run on?  We have the cloud servers, now.  We need to have a reference architecture of the OFMF.
•         Will we have CXL – based hardware to back an OFMF / CXL Agent PoC demo?---We are sharing the same Open Source Pavilion, does that help?
•         Will we have a CXL ‘fabric manager’ / Agent layer to merge onto the OFMF layer?-----CXL is very different but the concepts are the same
•         Are we going to add events and messaging to the OFMF layer so we don’t have to make the Agent layer POST the initial inventory?  (OFMF will query the Agent for inventory)-----We need a CXL Switch and next-generation hardware (September?)---Resources---2 Parts Composability and Agent
•         Are we going to be showing any of the Gen-Z PoC stack or HW ?----Intelliprop?  We need to be more succinct in the documentation and make a reference implementation.