[Ofmfwg] OFMF meeting minutes for 17 February 2023

Aguilar, Michael J. mjaguil at sandia.gov
Fri Feb 17 08:04:38 PST 2023

Everyone

Here is a tentative meeting minutes for Friday, 17 February, 2023.

  1.  Reference repo.
  2.  Registration of the agent with the OFMF, Using manager objects, etc.

     *   Addition of Redfish tree information on:

        *   What is missing for Agents, Events, ML ------   We want to evaluate the Redfish Aggregation Service:  https://redfish.dmtf.org/schemas/DSP0266_1.16.0.html#aggregation
           *   John and Michele will be meeting off-line to work some thoughts out on paper.

           *   More detail on Events
           *   Agents-----see below:
           *   ML---Usable items like data category and transactional clustering attributes, nearest neighbors

  1.  The Reference for the Agent---I finished the documentation on Russ’s work.  I would like to make this a topic at each meeting.  I can help start the work, as I have some ideas to put on paper.  We need to start building some UML on it with the documentation that I sent, as a guide.

     *   We need to check against the events, using the Events from Gen-Z and adding Events from OmniPath, and CXL.
     *   Work with Cornelis s to get the transaction UML right for managing RDMA
     *   Work with IntelliProp to get the transaction UML right for managing Gen-Z
     *   Work with CXL to get the transaction UML right for managing CXL-3.0
     *   Mike will work, over the weekend, to start the process of building UML to target a reference framework and will distribute the results to the group, especially, Cornelis, InteliProp, Russ, and John, and CXL

  1.  Reference Composition, FAM, and Monitoring Managers
  2.  A first composition target for us.  This will allow us to assemble some code and is a ‘killer app’ for dynamic IO.  I’ll give a quick BeeOND presentation to the group.  Phil is an expert on NVMe over Fabrics and we can incorporate Swordfish, OmniPath, Gen-Z, and CXL

[cid422978*image001.jpg at 01D941E2.307FB370]