[Ofmfwg] SC24 - Demo title and description to be part of the "Innovation Pass" program

Herrell, Russ W (Senior System Architect) russ.herrell at hpe.com
Fri Oct 4 12:08:02 PDT 2024

I can live with this for sure.

We might want to change the first sentence of the Sunfish description:
“Sunfish Project description: A hardware management service that provides dynamic application resource matching for Composable Disaggregated Infrastructure (CDI) can potentially increase runtime performance, energy efficiency, and improve resource utilization for large-scale computing systems by providing granular control of network connected pooled resources.”

It is a bit too long, and the phrase “hardware management service that provides dynamic application resource matching for Composable Disaggregated Infrastructure…” implies Sunfish does this resource matching.
Sunfish enables clients to aggregate and bind resources; it does not do any choosing or ‘matching’ of resources.  At most we will have some reference Resource Manager clients that offer basic utilities needed by most client composition tools.

But if you don’t have time to break that one sentence into two more accurate ones, we won’t get boo’ed off the stage over it 😊

Russ

[hpesm_pri_grn_pos_rgb]

Russ  Herrell
Distinguished Technologist | Hewlett Packard Labs | System Architecture Lab
Hewlett Packard Enterprise | russ.herrell at hpe.com<mailto:russ.herrell at hpe.com> | Mobile: +1 970 420 1707
“The betterment of our society is not a job to be left to a few; it is a responsibility to be shared by all.”  -- Dave Packard