[Ofvwg] OpenFabrics Verbs Working Group Meeting Minutes 2/17/15

Gilad Shainer Shainer at Mellanox.com
Mon Feb 23 21:43:49 PST 2015

Attendance (sorry if I missed anyone, and if I did, please let me know)
ORNL
LANL
Mellanox
OSU
Oracle
Unisys
Intel
Broadcom

Liran presented a proposal for next three meetings agenda and list of topics for future discussions. Pasha, Mike and Yiftah explained some of the topics.
- Brief overview of the last week meeting
- Introduction of the initial plan: Backlog planning. Presenting the format of proposal and describing motivation behind it.
- Proposal for next weeks
                - Verbs extension overview
                - SRIOV model
                - RDMA container support
-  Backlog
                - Accelerated verbs: HPC extensions for HPC will be presented by Mellanox.
                - RoCE RDMA-CM
                - Scalable SA
                - SoftRoCE
                - QP packet pacing
                - Fast connection management
                - Standardize Verbs error codes
                - RDMA Bonding
                - RoCE LAG
                - Version verbs
                - Capabilities query
                - Ethernet API
                - APM support RDMACM

Jim mentioned that the group need to nominate and vote on co-chairs positions and the to set the charter. Gilad mentioned that the charter was already set as part of the approving the creation of the working group.

The co-chairs nomination will be discussed in the next meeting.

Please let me know if I missed anything. Thanks Pasha for helping with the notes.

Regards,
Gilad Shainer
Vice President, Marketing
Mellanox Technologies
350 Oakmead Parkway, Suite 100, Sunnyvale CA, 94085
Office: 408-916-0048, Mobile: 408-421-0048, Fax: 408-585-0348