[Ofvwg] OpenFabrics Verbs Working Group Meeting Minutes 2/17/15

Rupert Dance rsdance at soft-forge.com
Tue Feb 24 02:28:23 PST 2015

Rupert Dance Software Forge

From: ofvwg-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org
[mailto:ofvwg-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On Behalf Of Gilad Shainer
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 12:44 AM
To: ofvwg at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: [Ofvwg] OpenFabrics Verbs Working Group Meeting Minutes 2/17/15

Attendance (sorry if I missed anyone, and if I did, please let me know)

ORNL

LANL

Mellanox

OSU

Oracle

Unisys

Intel

Broadcom

Liran presented a proposal for next three meetings agenda and list of topics
for future discussions. Pasha, Mike and Yiftah explained some of the topics.

- Brief overview of the last week meeting

- Introduction of the initial plan: Backlog planning. Presenting the format
of proposal and describing motivation behind it.

- Proposal for next weeks

                - Verbs extension overview

                - SRIOV model

                - RDMA container support

-  Backlog

                - Accelerated verbs: HPC extensions for HPC will be
presented by Mellanox.

                - RoCE RDMA-CM

                - Scalable SA

                - SoftRoCE

                - QP packet pacing

                - Fast connection management

                - Standardize Verbs error codes

                - RDMA Bonding

                - RoCE LAG

                - Version verbs

                - Capabilities query

                - Ethernet API

                - APM support RDMACM

Jim mentioned that the group need to nominate and vote on co-chairs
positions and the to set the charter. Gilad mentioned that the charter was
already set as part of the approving the creation of the working group.

The co-chairs nomination will be discussed in the next meeting.

Please let me know if I missed anything. Thanks Pasha for helping with the
notes.

Regards,

Gilad Shainer

Vice President, Marketing
Mellanox Technologies
350 Oakmead Parkway, Suite 100, Sunnyvale CA, 94085
Office: 408-916-0048, Mobile: 408-421-0048, Fax: 408-585-0348