[Openib-windows] RE: CA capabilities

Yossi Leybovich sleybo at mellanox.co.il
Wed Aug 10 23:56:57 PDT 2005

I agree that the access layer should not modify the maximum for each
resource that application takes
But one can say that the same way as the low level driver keep some resource
for its own use and change the maximum values,
same should be with the IBAL, if its need resources for its own use it
should change the maximum.
That because its not client application but the driver to that CA device.
If the CA capable to open x resources but the IBAL take y ,in systems with
memory limits that can be problem.

And I agree about other drivers/applications that you can enable/disable
(like IPoIB/SRP) or that not loaded by default.

Yossi