[Openib-windows] RE: CA capabilities

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Thu Aug 11 08:45:07 PDT 2005

Plain text emails please.

Actually, IBAL is a client - it uses the PD to provide the GSI/SMI special QP
services for PMA, SMA, CM, SA query, etc.  It just happens to allocate a single
PD that is shared among those services, rather than having each service as a
separate driver.

What are we trying to solve here?  We established that an application can't
expect to get the maximum resources a CA can offer anyway.