[Openib-windows] Re: IBDM - IB DataModel build issues fixed

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Jul 5 06:25:43 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 15:38, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> Could not find your last mail with the issue.
>
> But I was able to update the IBDM code at:
>
> https://openib.org/svn/gen2/utils/src/linux-user/ibdm
>
> I was able to checkout and build it with no issue
>
> But only after installing:
>
> autoconf 2.59
>
> automake 1.9.3

This now builds for me too. Thanks.

Rather than installing the headers in /usr/local/include/ibdm for
OpenIB, these should likely be /usr/local/include/infiniband/ibdm.

Similarly for the libraries and executables.

Some other nits:

There are +x permissions on a lot of the files which don't need them.

It appears the following are the executables:
ibdmchk, ibdmtr, topotest, ibnlparse
but the README references the following:
fabric_sim, fabric_tr, and osm_check.

NEWS indicates rev 1.1 was 12/4/03. What version is this ? Also, this
installs to .../ibadm/ibdm1.0/

-- Hal