[Openib-windows] Re: IBDM - IB DataModel build issues fixed

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Jul 5 07:03:16 PDT 2005

Hi Eitan,

On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 15:38, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> (IBDM is a flexible data model for describing arbitrary IB systems and
> then instantiating them in a topology. Then based on this topology an
> in-memory data model is built and various checking, simulation and
> analysis procedures are provided.)

I need some more time with the data model.

Why does the TOPSYSTEM need to be identified ? Is it just a way of not
having it as the first file in the system definition ?

The IBNL document mentions IBADM. What is IBADM ?

It also mentions IB netlist and topology file. What is the IB netlist ?
Where does the topology file come from ? Is there a topology file which
uses system names (and requires underlying system definition files (to
be predefined)) ?

Also, can you list the (current and anticipated) consumers of this data
model ? I presume the IBMgtSim is one. I also see: ibnlparse, ibdmchk,
ibdmtr, and topotest. Are there others ? Is there any description of
these ?

Thanks.

-- Hal