[Openib-windows] RE: adds bug fixes in complib

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Mon Jul 11 14:00:50 PDT 2005

> From: Yossi Leybovich [mailto:sleybo at mellanox.co.il]
> Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 1:55 AM
>
> I attached 2 new files
> it include the following changes
> - cl_is_debug definitions and prototype

Since the binary names for release and debug versions of complib differ in
Windows, someone would have to change the build process to improperly link to
make this function useful.

I can understand keeping the function for the non-Windows environments where the
debug and release binaries have the same name.  Can we keep this internal to
OpenSM, since you maintain a parallel version of complib for the Linux side of
things?  Also, any chance of updating the Linux complib to have different binary
names for release and debug builds?  This removes the need for all clients of
complib being the same build type.

> - CAST_P2LONG (We also need stddef.h for the inptr_t definitions)

The syntax for CAST_P2LONG( foo ) obscures the fact that all it does is
(intptr_t)foo, not to mention the syntax is longer.  Why not just make the casts
explicit?  Note that if you want a polymorphic type complib defines intn_t and
uintn_t for exactly this purpose, so you can eliminate the need for <stddef.h>
while saving a few extra characters.

> - qlockpool implementation

This should be implemented entirely inline.  I don't see the cl_qlockpool.h
header file in this patch, but cl_qlockpool.c references it.  The license for
cl_qlockpool.c is incorrect, too.

I'd like to keep this in OSM until it gets in the tree.  Once in the tree, I'll
take a look at whether there already is higher-level locking, and if so we can
convert to using qpool.  If converting to qpool doesn't make sense, and other
ULPs need that functionality, we can move the file out of OSM and into complib
then.

Attached is a header (cl_osm_win.h) that includes these things for you to keep
in your OSM tree for Windows for the time being.

I committed the fix to cl_vector.c in trunk.

Let me know if you have any questions.