[Openib-windows] patches on mailing list

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Thu Jun 9 17:10:22 PDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I'd like to get some input from the community - I'm currently working on the
fab_cm_branch and making fixes both to the CM and to the ULPs as I test.
Specifically, my testing is focusing on Winsock Direct at the moment.

Are people interested in seeing the nitty-gritty patches?  Should I send them to
the list for review before applying?  Should I send them to the list as an FYI
and apply them without waiting for feedback (as in a commit log)?

Just curious as to what people want to see.  Posting patches might reveal issues
that could tip off similar fixes on the Linux side.  The flip side is I don't
want to cause a lot of spew if the general consensus is that no one cares.

Also, the Linux side of things has the openib-commit mailing list.  Should the
Windows repository automatically send commit information to the openib-commit
mailing list?  Should it send instead send them to the openib-windows mailing
list?  Should we create a new mailing list for windows commit information?  Or
does no one care?

I just want to make sure people are happy with the process.  Creating patches to
post here is a bit more work for me than just committing them, so if no one
cares I won't do it.  If there is interest, though, I think it is worth it.

Thanks all,