[Openib-windows] IB Diagnostics

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Fri Jun 24 12:27:17 PDT 2005

These run in user-mode, not kernel mode, right?

> > Are those tests in flux still, or are they pretty much done and
> > static?
>
> There hasn't been any active development on them in a while. It's been
> more maintenance (occasional bug fixes).

That's great, as it should minimize the impact of maintaining a parallel branch.

> If a parallel copy was to be made, it would be good to closely
> coordinate changes so neither side misses a change but one needs to look
> at whether these lend themselves to porting to Windows first.

I'll be happy to help however I can.  If these are in user-mode, take a look at
the SOURCES file for other user-mode tests for guidance on how to set things up
to build with the DDK.

I would suggest putting these under tests\al\user in the SVN repository.

If you could register as a contributor before beginning work, that would be
great.  http://windows.openib.org/openib/contribute.aspx.  Let me know if that
page gives you trouble.