[Openib-windows] RE: IB Diagnositic Tools

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Jun 28 06:39:54 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 09:34, Eitan Zahavi wrote:

> > > switch
> > > like

> > > [EZ] Anyway this capability already exists in IBDM. So why
> re-develop
> > > it again?
> >
> > IBDM is not available for OpenIB as yet and the OpenIB diagnostics
> have
> > been in place for a while now.
> [EZ] IBDM is available since I have uploaded it when I uploaded the
> simulator code.
> I'm not talking about IBADM here. IBDM= IB Data Model.

Understood.

> > Also, as far as I know, no one outside of Mellanox has looked at
> this.
> > So that would be a next step.
> >
> > Is there any documentation on IBDM ?
> [EZ] Not much. The attached tar file holds:
> IBDM Overview - a diagram showing IBDM objects and their relations
> (maybe I should UML this one day).
> Ibdm_wrap.html  - the TCL API to the IBDM utilities and datamodel
> IBNL Specification - describing the format for defining arbitrary
> systems IB netlist
> MTS14400-48.ibnl - example IBNL for 144 ports switch.

Why not put this in ibdm/doc ?

> > Also, are there updates to this or is the version in the tree what
> > should be looked at (and commented on) ?

Is IBDM still version 1.0 (with no updates from what is in the tree) ?

> > > Also you did not answer the first question.
> >
> > By using the comment fields appropriately with semantics for logical
> > hierarchy.
> [EZ] So the user is supposed to annotate the entire cluster at the
> node level with hierarchy names? Is there a tool to create these
> netlists?
>

> > > Is the implementation open to support definition of hierarchical
> > > internal IB network like the one embedded in a 288port switch?
> >
> > Yes.
> [EZ] Can you provide an example system definition file?

Yes but not right now.

When attempting to build ibdm per instructions in INSTALL, I get the
following error:

make install
cp .libs/libibdm.so.1.1.1 /usr/local/lib/ibadm/ibdm1.0/libibdm.so.1.0
cp: cannot stat `.libs/libibdm.so.1.1.1': No such file or directory

-- Hal