[Openib-windows] RE: IB Diagnositic Tools

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jun 28 06:34:16 PDT 2005

> > switch
> > like
> > >
> > > I think it could.
> > [EZ] Anyway this capability already exists in IBDM. So why re-develop
> > it again?
>
> IBDM is not available for OpenIB as yet and the OpenIB diagnostics have
> been in place for a while now.
[EZ] IBDM is available since I have uploaded it when I uploaded the
simulator code.
I'm not talking about IBADM here. IBDM= IB Data Model.

> Also, as far as I know, no one outside of Mellanox has looked at this.
> So that would be a next step.
>
> Is there any documentation on IBDM ?
[EZ] Not much. The attached tar file holds:
IBDM Overview - a diagram showing IBDM objects and their relations (maybe I
should UML this one day).
Ibdm_wrap.html  - the TCL API to the IBDM utilities and datamodel
IBNL Specification - describing the format for defining arbitrary systems IB
netlist
MTS14400-48.ibnl - example IBNL for 144 ports switch.

> Also, are there updates to this or is the version in the tree what
> should be looked at (and commented on) ?
>
> > Also you did not answer the first question.
>
> By using the comment fields appropriately with semantics for logical
> hierarchy.
[EZ] So the user is supposed to annotate the entire cluster at the node
level with hierarchy names? Is there a tool to create these netlists?

> > Is the implementation open to support definition of hierarchical
> > internal IB network like the one embedded in a 288port switch?
>
> Yes.
[EZ] Can you provide an example system definition file?