[Openib-windows] Any ideas on how to get the IB Bus driver to create a PDO for my custom kernel driver

Jan Bottorff jbottorff at xsigo.com
Fri Nov 11 21:24:37 PST 2005

Hi,

I need to have my custom driver loaded via PnP enumeration exactly like
the IPoIB driver does. I need to be in the PnP tree of actual hardware,
so things like IRP_MN_QUERY_INTERFACE can find a BUS_INTERFACE_STANDARD
interface.

I've looked at the core\bus driver, and don't offhand see any easy way
to get it to create a PDO with my PnP id. Ideally, I would like one PDO
per port. Offhand, the easiest route I see to make this happen would be
to take bus_port_mgr.c, and clone it, replacing the details about IPoIB
with my PnP id's and other info. Even better would be to make new
devices definable by reading info from the registry, so the next person
who needs to do this can just add a registry entry with their
appropriate PnP info.

Am I missing an easier solution?

- Jan