[Openib-windows] how to install windows openib drivers?

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Sat Apr 1 18:58:14 PST 2006

Hi Jeremy,

On 4/1/06, Jeremy Enos <jenos at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> I must be missing something simple, but I can't seem to figure out how
> to install any openib drivers on Windows2003 Compute Cluster Edition
> x64.  I downloaded the net.zip and hca.zip, and no driver is found there
> for my unknown pci devices.  I can't find any step by step instructions,
> or any instructions at all for that matter, on how to install openib on
> Windows.

What model of HCA do you have?  Currently, only Tavor (MT23108) and
Arbel in Tavor compatibility mode (MT25208) are supported.  There's a
driver for the rest of the Mellanox HCAs but it is not yet part of any
build (that will change soon).

When you have Windows search for drivers for the HCA, point it to the
HCA directory (where ever you unzipped the hca.zip).  If it doesn't
find a match, then the HCA is not supported yet.

There are only a few issues left to resolve in the new driver and once
those are fixed I will be doing a new build.  My goal is to do this in
the next week or two.