[Openib-windows] Make KAL static library

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Mon Apr 10 13:18:31 PDT 2006

Hi Fab,

We (that is the SDP) weren't using the node_desc for anything.
Our problem is that, today once we link with IBAL this forces us to
define this variable in the SDP code, just so the link will succeed.

This it true for everyone who will be statically linking with IBAL. In
order to remove this dependency, we thought that it might be better to
move the variable from the bus driver to the IBAL. There can also be
other solutions to this problems, such as passing a pointer to this
location and so on.