[Openib-windows] Open IB on Windows Cluster Compute Edition 64 bit

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Wed Apr 19 09:04:46 PDT 2006

Hi Yathi,

On 4/18/06, Yathi Shetty (yathiraj) <yathiraj at cisco.com> wrote:
> I am using Compute Cluster 64 bit. In my case I can get the HCA
> installed successfully but the IpoIB driver and SRP doesn't come up. I
> tried a reboot, but ipoib and srp doesn't come up.
> Is there any place where I can get installation steps ?

There was a bug in my script that laid out the 1.0.0.308 binaries
directory for the HCA driver on the web server.  The file ibald32.dll
should have been ibal32d.dll.  This causes the INF file to reference a
missing file, which prevents the "InfiniBand Fabric" device (under
system devices) from getting properly installed.  This device acts as
the bus driver for the HCAs, and is responsible for enumerating child
devices as well as providing support for user-mode.

I have updated the HCA directory on the web server, as well as
provided a zip of the HCA directory which I'd forgotten to do.

You can do one of two things - download the updated HCA directory, or
rename ibald32.dll to ibal32d.dll in your existing one.  After this,
check the system devices for the "InfiniBand Fabric" device, and if
it's there select "Update Driver".  Otherwise, uninstall the HCA
device and rescan for PnP devices which should re-install the drivers.

Let me know if the above still doesn't solve your problem.