[Openib-windows] Build 315 error

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Wed Apr 19 15:34:04 PDT 2006

Hi Jan,

On 4/19/06, Jan Bottorff <jbottorff at xsigo.com> wrote:
> I've been tracking the source tree here and noticed I get a build error in
> rev 315 (I know 308 also did this). The file LoadPerh.h seems to not exist,
> included by tools\wsdinstall\user\installsp.c.  Is this
> just not getting checked in or should it come from someplace else?

It is supposed to come from the Platform SDK.  The WSD header isn't
included in the SDK, and headers for the IP helper and performance
monitor structures aren't included in the DDK.  You need to set the
environment variable PLATFORM_SDK_PATH to the path, without spaces, to
the platform SDK.  Only headers are used from the SDK, all libraries
still come from the DDK.

> Also just a tiny bit of feedback, you might put a readme or something that
> says to set the OPENIB_REV environment variable. The errors you get without
> it are very mysterious, and last time I checked the only place it was
> mentioned was an old message on this list.

I've updated the Windows FAQ's How To Build section with information
about both of these environment variables.

Thanks for reporting this.