[Openib-windows] ib_types.h and Win/Linux consolidation

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 6 11:11:46 PDT 2006

Hi All,

I have been approached by several people asking for where does one gets
a header
file defining the IBTA "wire" protocol.
My response was: "Ohh we got it all coded in
osm/include/iba/ib_types.h".
"But that thing is so down the tree I do not consider as official" was
the answer.

So the point is clear: If we are missing such a complete IBTA H file and
people are actually looking for where the wire protocol is being defined
why shouldn't we promote ib_types.h to the main include directory?

Another issue with ib_types.h :
Apparently the WinIB (OpenIB windows) version and the Linux version are
a little different.
Major changes are that the Windows version is a spec 1.1 compliant and
the Linux is supporting version 1.2.
Another difference is the fact some "verbs" or core oriented
definitions found their way into the WinIB version.
I hope we can clean those up and have a merged version in place.

Thanks

Eitan Zahavi