[Openib-windows] [openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] NetPIPE 3.7 release candidate 1

Dotan Barak dotanb at mellanox.co.il
Sun Jul 9 08:26:00 PDT 2006

Hi.

On Thursday 06 July 2006 22:25, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> I am preparing to release an update to the NetPIPE benchmark
> ( http://scl.ameslab.gov/Projects/NetPIPE/NetPIPE.html ), and I would
> very much like to hear some feedback on the OpenIB verbs implementation
> (NPibv), and take any patches to make it build on Windows as well.

I downloaded and executed the NetPipe after compile it for openib (using the ibv parameter)
over mellanox HCAs (with OFED 1.0).

when i executed the test with the default parameters, everything was fine.

when i tried to play a little bit with the parameter i saw several issues:

1) when i tried to change the test type + completion mode i got seg fault:
w125 # ./NPibv
Preposting asynchronous receives (required for Infiniband)
NetPIPE: partial read of buffer address in AfterAlignmentInit: Success

w126 tmp]# ./NPibv -h 11.4.3.125 -t send_recv -c event
Using Send/Receive communications
Using VAPI event completion
Preposting asynchronous receives (required for Infiniband)
Segmentation fault

2) when i tried to change the port number i got seg fault:
w125 # ./NPibv
Preposting asynchronous receives (required for Infiniband)

w126 # ./NPibv -h 11.4.3.125 -P 2
Segmentation fault

3) in the read completion type there is a "vapi_poll" type.
   what is the meaning of this type over the gen2 driver?

thanks
Dotan