[Openib-windows] WHQL WSD Ping test

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jun 8 15:06:04 PDT 2006

Hi Fab,

We have been trying to run the WHQL ping test over WSD with little
success.
When we are running one client of the tests at a time things works well.

However, when we try 10 clients simultaneously, we have failures (that
is
packets are lost, and some packets are also have errors on their
verification).
We also see that the tests runs for a lot of time with a relatively low
CPU.

This is true for the old MTHCA driver as well as for the new. (results
for the new are
worse, but the same problems happens for both drivers). This tests do
pass on IPOIB
as well as on SDP.

Did you try running this tests? If yes did you have a bigger success?

By the way the parameters that we were using were:
On the server:
cd J:\wsd\wsdbin\amd64
wsdping.exe 11.4.3.132 -s -q -p 11178 -w 10000 -u 30 -b 100 -o
wsdping_incsizedv_s.log

on the client:
cd J:\wsd\wsdbin\amd64
run the line bellow 10 times
start cmd /k j:\wsd\wsdbin\amd64\wsdping.exe 11.4.3.132 -c -f -p 11178
-w 100000 -n 100 -v -lt 900000