[Openib-windows] DDK to be used

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Sun Mar 19 04:59:57 PST 2006

Hi Fab,
We are using Win2003 SP1 DDK (3790.1830) and in the last time, while
preparing a release version for regression, we've come across several
compiler bugs. Usually, they are related to the optimizing of intrinsic
functions.
[Examples: _bytes_swap64(expression) or even InterlockedOr(addr, 0)! ]

It happens only on x86 compiler, maybe because it is of 13 major
version, while 64-bit compiler is of 14.
We are doing workarounds for now, but it's not a good way.

What DDK are you using ?
Do you have an access to a newer DDK ? Can  we get it ?

If - not, what a solution would you suggest ?
[We were thinking about using a compiler from VC 8.0. It is of major
version 14 and seems like better.
But it comes with its own headers and libs and we will need to somehow
merge two different IDEs, which can cause new problems and use DLLs,
that do not come with OS (like msvcrt80.dll), which complicates
installation.]