[Openib-windows] RE: [openib-general] mthca FMR correctness (and memory windows)

Doug O'Neil doug.oneil at qlogic.com
Mon Mar 20 17:22:04 PST 2006

  "When a data transfer takes place, if the STag refers to an
  MR, then the PD ID of the MR is validated against the PD ID of the
  QP. If they do not match, the data transfer generates an error and
  no data transfer takes place. If the STag refers to an MW, then the
  PD ID of the MW is validated against the PD ID of the QP when the MW
  is Bound to the QP. When a data transfer takes place, the QP ID of
  the MW is validated against the QP ID of the QP."

Tom, I read the above as an STag that represents a MR can be used by any
QP with the same PD ID. STags that represent a MW must be used on the
same QP that created them.

- Doug