[Openib-windows] MTHCA driver changes

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Fri Mar 24 15:37:56 PST 2006

Before I start spending time on the MTHCA driver, I'd like to
understand what kind of changes you will accept, and what kind are
just a waste of my time in putting them together.

How much are you planning on keeping this code a straight copy from
the Linux project?  Will you take and apply Windows-specific patches
to make the code more streamlined and Windows oriented?

You have your own:
- time stamp abstraction (and ugly at that)
- spinlock abstraction
- wait_queue, semaphore, and mutex abstraction
- types
- memory abstraction
- pci bus abstraction

Is it even worth trying to clean this stuff up to make a proper
Windows driver out of it, or would I just be wasting my time?